Purpose of Role:
- Provide support to the Risk Branch Manager in developing, communicating and implementing country strategy in line with the objectives of the organisation.
- Provide cover for the Risk Branch Manager in periods of absence, for business continuity purposes.
- Ensure high quality business is conducted with due attention to credit, operational, market and reputational risk management.
- Ensure compliance with the local regulatory and statutory requirements and the Bank’s Policy Framework.
What are the skills, knowledge and experience needed to do the role?
- Strong knowledge of Risk management in Germany and the competitive landscape
- Knowledge of relevant legal policies, regulations and risk management
- Strong working knowledge of operational, with strong awareness of other risk stripes including operational, credit and market risk
- Broad understanding of financial markets
- Display behaviours in line with Our Standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence and collaborate at a high level through cross-functional stakeholders and matrix managed teams
- Ability to build effective relationships with key internal and external counterparties
- Well-developed understanding of the national and local economic and business environment and ability to exploit opportunities and identify, manage and mitigate business threats
What does this role holder do? (Accountabilities)
- Manage the Branch’s outsourced Risk activities, including performance, quality and financial soundness of providers (both intragroup and external outsourcers)
- Monitor risk limits of the Branch against appetite and escalate breaches to the Risk Branch Manager
- Maintain risk procedure and control documentation of the Branch
- Support the Risk Branch Manager’s review and challenge of risk-related business activities or decisions where there is the potential to exceed risk appetite or breach Risk-owned policy [particularly with a focus on operational risk]
- Support oversight of the Branch’s Risk profile, providing the Branch Managers with adequate risk information, independent assessment, expert analysis, challenge and decision support
- Support MaRisk submissions by coordinating the collation of inputs from relevant risk stakeholders
- Support the production of Branch quarterly stress tests and input into MaRisk reporting methodologies as required
- Support the Risk Branch Manager in the provision of risk input into the NWM ICAAP/ILAAP and Recovery and Resolution Plan to ensure the Branch risks are captured, together with an accurate description of the control environment
- Provide independent review of new lending transactions against NWM credit policies and standards
- Support the Risk Branch manager in the oversight of the implementation of the Group’s risk management frameworks in relation to the Branch’s activities
- Provide independent risk opinions on specific topics of key committees
- Support the Risk Branch Manager with any activities required, to enable them to discharge their role as MLRO.
- Comply with Our Code, all RBS policies, ‘How we manage RBS’, and if applicable ‘How we manage our Business’, and deliver against all relevant statutory, regulatory, supervisory and legal obligations.
- Oversee the proactive identification and effective management and/or escalation of conduct risk to deliver key customer outcomes
Three Lines of Defence Risk Management
- This job has Second line of defence (2LOD) accountabilities as set out in the Three Lines of Defence principles
For any more information please contact email@example.com