Researchers are responsible for independently conducting quantitative finance research with a focus on statistical and predictive models. Successful researchers manage all aspects of the research process including methodology selection, data collection and analysis, testing, prototyping, backtesting, and performance monitoring.
Some successful researchers have joined us from similar backgrounds at other firms. Others have joined from related fields or directly from academia and have thrived with hands on guidance from our large team of experienced portfolio managers and researchers. Our most exceptional team members combine strong technical skills and a passion for problem solving with an intense curiosity about financial markets and human behavior.
Candidates must have:
- Undergrad, MS, or PhD candidates in finance, computer science, mathematics, physics, or other quantitative discipline
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Worked on portfolio construction
- Optimisation of factor models
- Implementation of strategies
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research utilizing large data sets and alpha signals
- Prior experience developing, researching, or implementing quantitative models for equities, futures, and/or FX, either at a firm or independently
- Programming in any of the following: C++, Java, C#, MATLAB, R, Python, or Perl
- Willing to take ownership of his/her work, working both independently and within a small team
For any more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org