My Client is a subsidiary of a world-renowned Luxury Brand with a portfolio covering fashion and luxury produce. They are seeking an experienced Finance Director to oversee the general accounting and Finance function of the US entity with emphasis on ensuring enforcement of defined processes, internal control principles are followed and that all information is timely and accurately shared with all stakeholders within the business.
- Manage month, quarter, and year end closing activities and ensure that accurate month end data is passed to the reporting team in a timely manner in order to achieve assigned reporting deadlines
- Supervise and review all entries and accruals and act as the key contact for requests originating outside of the finance group (general accounting, Overheads, tax)
- Ensure accurate preparation of monthly SAP trial balances produced from SAP and ensure reconciliation of SAP FI module with COPA SAP modules
- Ensure account balances are properly reconciled and analyzed in accordance with the assigned level of frequency and reconcile and resolve any discrepancies
- Insure that preparation of all departmental overhead reports are prepared accurately and in accordance with the assigned due dates and distributed to all stakeholders.
- Prepare actual headcount report on a monthly basis for overhead reporting
- In conjunction with the Controller communicate "Risks and Opportunities" analysis as required
- Monitor and prepare Bailment Billing and ensure all billing is posted in a timely and accurate manner for month-end closing and perform Bailment Accrual Lookback Analysis
- Management of the Inventory Control function ensuring that the contract warehouse reconciliations are completed in a timely on a monthly basis and all variances are researched and resolved prior to the next month-end close.
- Ensure that all Control State warehouse reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis and that all large variances are researched and resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure a sufficient internal control environment is in place for the general accounting and overheads functions and maintain appropriate documentation around all procedures
- Identify enhancements via automation for all processes within area of responsibility and oversee the management of the vendor portal to ensure all new vendor created are in alignment with vendor policy.
Skills & Requirements:
- 7 years of Accounting experience with at least 3 in a hands-on managerial position of both General and Managerial Accounting.
- Strong Knowledge of General Accounting Concepts, Strong communication skills, Hands on experience working with the FI and CO modules of SAP required.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills and you must be able to work with all levels of the organization and adapt to various work styles.
- Experience working within the Food & Beverage or Alcohol industry is an advantage
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, macros) required and experience with Cognos a plus
For any more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org