BSM Group have been given exclusive mandate to recruit for a fast-growing bank based in Wales whom are looking for a new Treasurer.
Reporting into the FD, you will work closely with him and the surrounding teams in taking ownership of the treasury division.
This includes ownership of the funding strategy, bond portfolio, LAB management and the life assurance investment portfolio.
As well as having the strategic free reign of the function, you will inherit a small team to develop and grow as you see fit.
Needless to say, we are looking for someone with experience in either a Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, Head of Balance Sheet Management or similar position within a bank, building society or similar FS firm.
- Manage the Group’s liquidity,
- Develop the retail and wholesale funding strategy
- Manage the Bank’s Corporate Bond portfolio
- Advising ALCO on buying and selling opportunities
- Manage the Bank’s liquid assets buffer
- Managing the Bank’s Individual Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process (ILAAP)
- Manage the investment portfolio including cash and potentially building a corporate bonds portfolio advising HLAC / ALCO on purchases and sales and ensure the bank has adequate liquidity to repay annuity liabilities.
- ALCO reporting and presentation
- Ensure the Groups fund transfer pricing policy is appropriate and business units are appropriately charged for funding.
- Manage the development of the Treasury team
- Establish and maintain relationships with Treasury contacts and counterparties
- Oversee the production of the Interest Rate Risk pack
- Produce (and develop) management reports, clearly and concisely reporting against key risk areas against the groups stated risk appetite.
- Proactively maintain awareness of regulatory developments, ensuring the Group adequately meets all requirements.
- Ensure all treasury procedures and process level risk assessments are maintained, and near misses and losses promptly reported.
- Ensure Company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times, and due consideration is given at all times to clear segregation of duties.
For more information, please email: email@example.com