BSM Group are representing a client who is a newly formed oil trading business set up by a number of executives within the oil trading industry. This is a very exciting opportunity to help set up a risk function and be the first in from a risk perspective in the new business.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Advise senior management on the key risks held across the trading portfolio.
- Monitor, understand and quantify key risks in the trading portfolio.
- Interact with Traders and Fundamental analysis teams to develop a coherent and real time view across markets, independently assess the risk/reward of strategies, and advise on portfolio management.
- Conduct and direct independent analysis on market fundamentals, external factors, and statistical relationships.
- Produce and present high quality written reports.
- Direct the New Business Committee process (similar to new product approval).
- Interact with Traders and Originators to understand new business proposals (including proposals for trading new products).
- Critically evaluate proposals and ensure that key risk elements are identified, communicated, and mitigated as necessary.
- Coordinate with other Middle and Back office departments to facilitate the approval process.
- Chair and minute New Business Committee meetings as required.
- Liaise with other Middle and Back office departments to escalate and resolve emergent risk issues as appropriate.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports at short notice for management.
- Direct and train more junior members of the team in day to day activities (as per above).
- Direct junior members of the team in design and building of analytical tools.
This list is not exhaustive and may include other tasks assigned by the manager and/or senior management.
Experience required for this role:
- 5+ years of experience in risk management or trading within an Investment Bank, Hedge Fund or oil Trading firm, either as a trader or commercial risk manager. r.
- Experience interacting directly with traders, originators and senior management.
- Demonstrable experience in quantifying and managing risks associated with exotic and vanilla option portfolios.
- Knowledge of risk measurement (VaR and stress testing), back-testing and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of oil products
- Experience in designing and building analytical tools and/or risk measurement models
For anymore information please contact email@example.com