Our client, a leading tier 1 International Bank are seeking a Senior Manager to join their Internal Audit, IT division. This is a position requiring expert knowledge and skillsets in the audit of application controls, data governance principles and projects. This is a position requiring expert knowledge and skillsets in the audit of application controls, data governance principles and projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for covering risks associated with outsourced IT services. Some technical Infrastructure (Operating systems, databases, middleware, networking and Data Centre operations) and knowledge of Capital Market, Treasury and Anti Money Laundering application and data controls would be an advantage.
The incumbent will be required to work as part of a team that audits major business lines (Global Banking and Market, Group Treasury, Risk Management IT and Global Wealth) and assist the Director, IT Audit and the US Chief Auditor in assessing IT controls in different locations that relate to these business lines.
- Annual Planning - Assist the Director in the development of the annual GBM/GT business line audit plan and the IT Risk Audit Plan.
- Engagement Planning -Ensure when acting as Audit Principal or as Officer in Charge that the engagement plan addresses all risk areas, the audit programs are appropriately designed and general adherence to the Audit Department's methodology. Develop a thorough understanding of the business, IT risks and processes for assigned projects. Identify emerging issues that may impact the audit plan. Develop and/or update Detailed Audit Programs (DAP) as required.
- Audit Execution - Execute and manage assigned activities independently in accordance with the Department Standards ensuring the nature and extent of testing is appropriate to support the audit opinion. Evaluate the adequacy of system design and internal control framework in meeting business, operational and control objectives.
- Problem Identification - Ensure facts are gathered and their full meaning is established; determine root cause of the problem and provide practical recommendations as to how they can be mitigated.
- Reporting/Communication- Prepare audit reports that are clear and concise prior to submission to Director/VP. follow-up for corrective action/progress against reported issues in the Audit Tracking Database on a quarterly basis and escalate when necessary.
- Emerging Developments in IT - As the incumbent is a senior member of the team covering the GBM/GT, Wealth, Risk Management IT environment, knowledge of IT developments and emerging issues are up to date
Basic Qualifications, General Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering, mathematics or Masters / PhD
- 4-10 years IT Audit (internal or external) experience, preferably in a financial institution setting, or direct experience in a relevant IT environment.
- Expert knowledge and skillsets in data governance, application controls, systems development, outsourcing and IT infrastructure,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to write/present audit findings to Audit and Bank Management.
- Good project management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Previous experience in certain regulatory initiatives such as RDARR, Dodd Frank, FATCA, EMIR, IIROC is preferred.
For any more information please contact email@example.com or call +1 (646) 618-8863.