The Manager, Financial Control, forms part of the team which is responsible for financial control oversight of the Groups businesses. This Manager role in London plays a key part in implementing and managing the financial control framework for the associated business in London.
- Responsible for implementation of the financial control framework including overseeing monthly Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet, reconciliations and understanding the process flows for booking key revenue lines and asset classification.
- Preparation and review of monthly and quarterly Group Finance and Tax deliverables.
- Driving operational excellence initiatives.
- Contribute to ad hoc business aligned projects as required
- Assist with the Group audit process.
- Assist with technical accounting analysis and implementation of new products.
- Assist with the LEC responsibilities including monthly review of Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss, quarterly and annual APRA returns, monthly tax calculations, and review of work prepared by a junior team member.
- Assist with financial control functions of other business areas as required.
- Reviewing proposed transactions for appropriate accounting and commercial treatment, and coordinate Finance Management Group approvals
- Responsible for reporting deliverables to Finance stakeholders (including Direct Tax, Indirect Tax, Regulatory and Legal Entity Control) – both regular and ad-hoc in nature
- Responsible for calculation and posting of monthly Transfer Pricing calculations
- Close interaction with fund accountants and trade booking team to ensure correct booking of Fund activities.
- Liaison with other areas of the Group which will include Group Finance, Regulatory Reporting, Tax and Treasury.
- Close interaction with offshore Finance teams including coordination of weekly meetings to resolve outstanding queries in a timely manner.
You will have:
- A University degree, coupled with a formal accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA)
- Experience in a similar role, with the technical competency to be able to deal with managed funds products.
- Experience of managing a small team and motivating and developing staff in both onshore and offshore locations, whilst contributing to a wider high performing team
- Strong technical accounting (IFRS / FRS101) knowledge and experience
- Strong internal and external stakeholder engagement skills, and the ability to take ownership of key stakeholder relationships
- Strong organisation skills and ability to prioritise tasks for self and team.
- Ambition, with a high level of energy and commitment
- A high level of accuracy, and be able to adopt a right first time approach
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to re-assess / re-engineer work processes
- Comfortable with tackling new concepts
- Strong intellectual curiosity, coupled with the ability to think logically and commercially
- Strong client service skills, and control/ risk awareness
For any more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org