- Key accountabilities will include the following, with the emphasis in the FX and Liquidity team on raising short term debt, managing interest rate, foreign exchange and liquidity risk. Supporting the Debt Capital Markets team on raising long term debt and managing interest rate risk, and in the Relationship Management team on managing the relationships with banks, debt investors and rating agencies.
- Successfully execute the Group’s world-wide strategy to raise and invest cash, along with its banking facilities, identifying opportunities, providing the financial modelling, and executing transactions to ensure funding and investment requirements are met cost-effectively and within appropriate risk levels for the group.
- Monitor and assist with managing the financial risk exposures of the Group (including re-financing, liquidity, interest rate, foreign exchange and inflation risk) and assist with the execution of the Group’s risk management strategy. Develop and maintain financial models, decision making frameworks, present analysis and recommendations for trades to senior management.
- Support the management of the relationships with rating agencies, establishing credibility and enabling the company to meet its growth agenda.
- Assist with the day to day management of relationships with the Group’s debt investors and analysts, providing information on the financial performance and strategy of the Group so that they maintain an accurate picture of each rated entity’s credit position. Assist with roadshow presentations to promote the firm’s financial position and access to financing.
- Support the management of the group-wide relationships with the Group’s banking group, managing the facilities in place, measuring and ensuring appropriate reward for performance.
- Monitor global financial markets and the banking environment and suggest opportunities for transactions to raise funds, invest cash and manage financial risks, analysing and taking into consideration the impact of tax, accounting, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the processing of documentation relating to transactions and facilities in order to comply with regulatory and legislative requirements. Lead the negotiation of ISDA and the annual updates of the Group’s EMTN programmes.
- Contribute to the updating of the Group business plan liaising with Corporate Finance departments and provide relevant financial information to support the decision making process for the regulatory finance and business development teams.
- Provide technical support to the Treasury senior management team, Financial Control, Tax, the Group’s auditors and business units on transactions, in particular the valuation of financial instruments, to enable senior management to assess the value of potential transactions and the effectiveness of existing strategies and for Financial Control and the group’s auditors to understand valuations.
- Prepare reports to the Finance Committee of the Board and subsidiary Board papers on performance and transactions, ensuring senior management have accurate and complete information on the firms Treasury performance.
- Ensure the team’s activities are always in compliance with group policy, legal and regulatory requirements
- Must be able to maintain excellent business relationships with for example investors, credit analysts, banks, auditors, rating agencies, external lawyers and business leaders.
- Keen interest in financial markets and the economy. Know how to adapt execution strategy to changing market conditions.
- Strong financial mathematical modelling skills along with an understanding and intuitive feel of the drivers of pricing for financial instruments.
- Be aware of the impact of treasury transactions on tax, accounting, regulatory and legal. Must be able to understand complex legal documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, in particular in the routine papers to the Finance Committee of the Board.
- Takes ownership of tasks, with a strong drive for results
- Self-motivated, proactive
- Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of the job
If you require any more information please contact Joanna Davis: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0 203 705 9351