My client a global leading Media business based in Central London are seeking to hire a temporary Financial Accountant that has a firm understanding of French GAAP and speaks fluent French also.
You will be immediately available or on short notice for this opportunity.
The Financial Accountant will work within the Finance team, responsible for financial accounting and statutory and management reporting for some of the main subsidiaries of the business.
The role will report to the Finance Director and work closely with the wider Finance team, as well as providing information directly to senior management.
- Fully qualified ACA; either newly qualified or some years PQE
- French GAAP
- Fluent in French
- Understanding of financial controls
- Complete month end, quarterly and annual accounting processes and reporting for the subsidiaries including:
- Posting entity specific journal entries
- Reviewing data posted by external systems and other departments for reasonableness and identifying possible errors
- Reconciling and scrutinising intercompany balances for accuracy
- Producing useful management reports
- Being responsible for maintaining and controlling the general ledger of the company by understanding thoroughly all entries made in it enabling you to answer ad hoc questions about the company from management, other departments and auditors (both internal and external
- Produce statutory financial statements which will be subject to audit
- Assist in other periodic and ad hoc Finance projects.
- Sound accounting knowledge (balance sheet structure, core accounting principles, ability to identify and interpret relevant standards)
- A good understanding of financial principles, processes and controls, and the purpose of financial and management reporting
- Confident in the use of Excel for manipulating data
For any more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org