My client a leading entertainment business based in the city are looking to hire a dynamic Head of commercial finance and strategic planning.
- Build strong relationships with senior executives as well as finance and operating executives globally
- Develop a robust, iterative financial planning and forecasting model.
- Lead, manage, and deliver the monthly/rolling forecast, annual budget, and 5 strategic planning process, including developing and updating the financial planning model, identification of KPIs and key business drivers, risks and upsides.
- Continually improve the entire financial planning process and financial model in terms of accuracy and efficiency as well as relevancy of insights to senior management team.
- Ensure that the business has the needed accurate Financial Systems as well as efficient links/accounts between Accounting and Planning.
- Evaluate growth initiatives within the global entertainment industry and proactively identify opportunities within the market for growth and recommend investments based on understanding of business's strategic priorities.
- Develop and manage detailed financial analyses and deal approval presentations for new business launches, acquisitions or divestitures. Closely cooperate with executives during negotiations.
- Perform financial due diligence into potential acquisition targets, including detailed review of financial statements and risk analysis
- Work with internal personnel and external legal and financial advisors in structuring transactions such as corporate investments, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and financing in the film and digital media industry.
- Cross-Train with the Head of Financial Accounting and Reporting.
- Supervise/ Cross-Train with the Content Strategy Manager in the delivery of quality content analysis to support content acquisition and production teams, and the development of content cost/pricing tracking and performance models and a maintained Rights Management Library and Database
- Prepare strategic and financial well-written, documented, and concise power-point presentations for senior management, board, investors, and prospective investors, including presentations on business performance, kpis, strategic investments, recommendations, etc.
- Support key business decision-making and strategic initiatives through adhoc analyses and the building meaningful financial models.
- MBA strongly preferred (B.A./B.S. required).
- Typically 5+ years business experience in consulting, investment banking, corporate/business development, or strong, analytical FP&A.
- Media and entertainment industry (preferred film, television and/or digital media) and a strong understanding of digital media business models.
- Demonstrated strong financial analysis, valuation, and planning skills and experience. and/or investment analyses.
- Strong financial modelling skills, with demonstrated ability to create iterative planning and investment/assessment financial models that can adapt and flex to key meaningful what/if questions that are asked.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to create well written, incisive, and concise graphic power-point presentations to explain business performance/KPI variances, identify key business drivers, and key strategic initiatives/recommendations for senior management, the board, or outside investors.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial reporting and accounting.
- Proven ability to manage projects from beginning to completion with a 'can-do' attitude and a proven ability to manage and meet all deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly numerate and organized
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Proven self-starter and independent problem-solving ability with sense to understand implications of work and probe more deeply when presented with inconsistent or interesting findings.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org