BSM Group are representing our client, seeking a Spanish speaking Head of Balance Sheet Management. Our client are unable to provide sponsorship for this role, as such applicants will already have right to work in the EU.
- To ensure that the bank has in place and operates effective frameworks for the management of liquidity, funding and interest rate risk in the banking book (IRRBB) and FX risk.(Note, FX risk is minimal)
- To ensure that the bank operates within risk appetite and complies with all relevant regulatory requirements and optimises net interest income
- To monitor, evaluate and manage interest rate, liquidity and funding risks
- To ensure that the appropriate risk metrics and methodologies are employed to capture risk, e.g., LCR, NSFR, EaR, EvE. static and dynamic analysis (not exhaustive)
- To develop the Bank’s hedging strategy and ensure that risk positions are managed in accordance with ALCo approvals
- To be responsible for the delivery of the ILAAP, Long Term Funding Plan and Contingency Funding Plan
- To be responsible for all related balance sheet management policies
- To develop and maintain key behavioural assumptions underpinning IRRBB and liquidity stress scenarios
- To develop data management capabilities to provide MI to Exco, ALCo and Treasury to facilitate a clear understanding of risk position in decision making
- To develop data management capabilities enable Treasury Reporting to perform their responsibilities
- Undertake deposit tracking and trend analysis
- Lead the implementation of a new Asset & Liability (ALM) system (including software applications) for the data capture, measurement and management of structural balance sheet risks
- To ensure that all relevant regulatory requirements are well understood and sufficiently analysed to enable the bank to be in full compliance.
- To contribute to the policy and strategy for the management of the Liquid Asset Buffer (with the Treasurer and the Head of Treasury Markets)
- To ensure that interest rate risk management considers the implications of hedge accounting and that economic hedging is done in an effective hedge accounting manner where possible.
- To partner the business to evaluate and mitigate the interest rate risk of existing and new products
- To deputise for the Treasurer when required.
- To ensure that all relevant balance sheet management related costs are taken into account in product pricing decisions
- To lead the production of the ALCo pack
- To attend and contribute at ALCO and support the delivery of ALCo approved BSM items
- To lead, manage and develop the skills and competencies of other members of the BSM team and to promote high professional standards
- To form and maintain effective working relationship with key internal stakeholders
- Partner the business in relation to treasury risks/rewards in existing and new products
- Maintain an awareness of market activity and trends in markets in which the company operates
- Maintain excellent relationships with other markets participants
- Significant experience in a bank Treasury function, preferably in a retail financial services business
- At least 5 years’ experience working specifically in a BSM, ALM or liquidity management function
- Technical understanding of balance sheet management measurement and management techniques
- Previous experience of delivering an ILAAP/&CFP and of the L-SREP process
- Strong knowledge and understanding of retail and wholesale products and Risk measurement processes (EaR / VaR / PV01 )
- Experience of leading or being senior within a BSM team or being with a practical results focused outlook.
- A full understanding of banking and Treasury products, the inherent risks that these generate and the instruments that can be used to hedge these risks
- Be a thought leader for BSM with an ability to translate a strategic vision into practical plans.
- Experience and gravitas to represent Treasury to manage relationships with senior stakeholders and regulators.
- Evidence of meeting performance targets
- Strong understanding of financial markets mathematics
- Full understanding of the regulatory environment
- Strong organizational, communication and influencing skills.
- Experience of managing and developing colleagues
- Evidence of leading initiatives and strategic and creative thinking
- Self-motivated, independent thinking team player capable of building rapport with colleagues
- High energy and resilience
For any more information please contact email@example.com