- Develop and maintain a BSA/AML & OFAC program that is aligned with the Bank’s businesses and resulting risk parameters, is consistent with industry standards and meets regulatory expectations.
- Maintain an awareness of and monitor the regulatory environment for emerging legislation and policy statements along with trends and industry best practices relating to AML and corporate banking.
Business Plan Execution/Business Growth
- Coordinate and direct the implementation of an appropriate and sound BSA/AML & OFAC program for the Bank’s U.S. operations to help ensure that that the Bank is adhering to relevant federal and state laws and regulations.
- Be proactive in taking appropriate and swift action in developing or amending existing policies, procedures, practices, training and other controls in response to changing legislative requirements and regulatory expectations.
- Communicate regularly to relevant business line management and Head Office AML Group developments within the BSA/AML & OFAC area that impact the Bank.
- Develop close working relationship with U.S. business lines and other key groups, including Onboarding Group, Money Transfer Operations, and NY Operations
- Coordinate and work closely with Head Office Anti-Money Laundering Group
- Provide supervision and oversight to Senior Manager, Financial Intelligence Unit to ensure appropriate BSA/AML monitoring rules are developed, implemented and reviewed and validated regularly to effectively identify potential AML/ATF and OFAC violations.
- Identify key issues in relation to anti-money laundering, terrorist financing, and economic sanctions and provide understanding of the applicability of major compliance issues to management and staff.
- Prepare annual money laundering and sanctions risk assessment ensuring that the methodology and the reporting of results are relevant and in line with regulatory expectations
- Develop and deliver appropriate risk-based training program for U.S. personnel
- Develop and coordinate the strategies for responding to and supporting regulatory exams and inquiries, investigations, subpoenas, and other significant points of contact related to anti-money laundering and sanctions
- Take a leadership role in industry forums and collaborate with AML professionals outside of the firm to address common challenges or changes in regulation
- Provide leadership and management to Financial Intelligence Unit (4) and Miami Agency Compliance Officer
- Proactive in considering and identifying areas and issues that may pose BSA/AML and OFAC risks to the Bank
- Advanced communication skills with a proven ability to influence.
- Strong coaching and influencing skills with an ability to gain consensus
- Natural ability to balance the strategic and day to day transactional
- BA/BS Required
- Advanced Degree Preferable
- At least 10 years of BSA/AML & OFAC Experience
- Experience working in U.S. Operations of foreign bank
- Experience in overseeing and managing regulatory exams, particularly in BSA/AML area
- ACAMS certified
- Knowledge of BSA Prime helpful
If you require any more information please contact Greg Pallay: firstname.lastname@example.org; 646-618-8862