This is a key role to support the Head of Finance Systems, Data and Change in their role as Data Steward. The role will take ownership of championing and delivering good data management practice across Finance including procedures, risk management, metadata maintenance, access management and training. The role will also produce and maintain data maps to show how data owned and used by Finance flows from source to and between Finance systems and reports.
Data mapping: Responsible for producing and maintaining data maps showing how data owned and used by Finance flows from source to and between Finance systems and reports. Ensure that this aligns to the principles and objectives of the Finance Systems Target Operating Model.
Projects: Support the Senior Specialist, Finance Change with respect to data issues arising on projects such as Nexus to ensure that Finance’s data requirements and needs are met and that Finance are engaged where appropriate.
Data Steward: Support the Head of Finance Systems, Data and Change in their role as Data Steward for Finance and take day to day responsibility for data definitions, understanding data usage and the security of data within Finance. Responsibilities to include:
- Communication: Act as Data Governance champion and promote good data management practice. Cascade updates, issues and outcomes from relevant forums such as the Data Governance Working Group, Business Terms / Definition Alignment and others
- Document and periodically review:
- Procedures: Create and/or oversee departmental documentation & procedures to support relevant data policy implementation by Finance (Access Management, Retention, and Classification & Data Handling Policies as examples.)
- Risks: Create and/or oversee the Finance Risk Register to cover departmental Operational Data Risks with controls to remediate or manage the risk exposure
- Metadata: Maintain and periodically review Business Data Assets in Collibra tool (examples: Business Terms, KPIs, Acronyms, Synonyms, Reports, Processes)
- Data Asset Registers: Create or oversee adequate registers for Structured and Unstructured Data (in or outside of Collibra)
- Access Management: assure departmental processes are in place where access management is outside of IT scope
- Work with the People Team, DPO, DG and DQ managers to ensure suitable training to cover Operational Data regulation, internal policies and compliance
- Create materials and carry out training for Finance. Keep training records for specific training sessions outside of the People Team managed sessions
- Data Groups/Forums: Represent the strategy and interests of Finance
- Data Issue Point of Contact: Collect and co-ordinate discussion of data-related issues (Quality, Tools, Data Management) in Finance and table them as part of Working Group agenda items
- Data Issue Solution Development: Develop and propose solutions to issues for discussion and agreement by other Data Stewards.
- Implement changes: Coordinate and lead changes within Finance. Support DG, DG, DPO and InfoSec in implementing new BAU as well as maturing BAU processes. Develop and propose BAU changes and/or Projects to resolve data issues or requirements
- Supporting the Senior Manager, Finance Change from a data perspective (data flows, definitions etc) with respect to understanding the potential impact of Business led change initiatives and projects on Finance
- Reviewing and providing feedback on Change Requests from a data perspective
- Working with the Finance Systems Senior specialist to ensure data is being sourced and used appropriately and in line with the Finance Systems Target operating Model.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of managing and analysing data within a Finance department including production of data maps
- Demonstrable experience of implementing and managing change within a Finance context
- Strong understanding of finance processes, risks and controls for mid-size and listed organisations (credit cards preferred)
- Experience and working knowledge of internal control standards and regulatory requirements across financial operations, financial statement close processes and finance IT functions
- Demonstrated ability in understanding and implementing data processes and documentation
- Proven track record of effective influencing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (experience writing corporate policies and documents)
- Strong ability to manage internal and external stakeholders and relationships
- IT literacy in financial systems, Excel and PowerPoint
- Financial Services background
- Financial controls experience within financial services (SOX experience preferred but not required).
- Qualified business/data analyst
- Part qualified/qualified accountant
- Knowledge of First Vision platform
For more information, please email: email@example.com