A rare opportunity to join one of the UK’s best banks to work for has opened up for someone with 1-3 years of experience in IRRBB/ALM whom is looking for a broad scope role that will have you building strong relationships and facing off with front office and key internal stakeholders, challenging procedures, helping in important market risk decisions and working closely with your team to ensure best practise among the treasury function. As well as ALM you will have a cross functional role with FTP – a great opportunity for someone looking to better improve their skillset.
- Manage the weekly and monthly hedging for Treasury
- Face off with Front office, Liquidity and Funding teams to support with ad hoc requests and develop relationships with them to better design, develop and improve IRRBB management
- Taking primary responsibility for key regulatory reports – exposing you to more external as well as internal stakeholders.
- Working with the collaborative team to ensure balance sheet and NII behaviour is modelled correctly in line with Market Risk policy and challenging where needed and leading on those improvements.
- Provide critical and calculated guidance and training to stakeholders on the BSM model
- Provide monthly liquidity and hedge accounting reports to finance
- Support the team in the analysis of output and potential implications for management of interest rate risk
- Provide support to the wider team on hedging and IRRBB
- Ideally Treasury (ALM or Liquidity) experience within a bank or FS firm – 1-3 years.
- A higher qualification in a quantitative discipline e.g. Mathematics or Finance, or equivalent professional qualification or experience
- Strong relationship management skills
- Advanced Excel and an understand of Macros and SQL
- Knowledge of Treasury instruments including FRNs, REPO, Interest Rate Swaps and Option products. Great organisation, able to prioritise workload to tight deadlines, working effectively under pressure
- An excellent team player with the ability to working closely with others to deliver results customer focus – it is a collaborative team that provide huge amount of exposure across the bank so this is important.
- A track record of working on your own initiative, with the ability to introduce fresh thinking to the role and the wider team exceptional verbal communication skills, able to translate complex/technical issues simply experience of using a Treasury or Risk system (beneficial)
Please get in touch with Declan Stark on: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0207 653 6722