My client, a start-up financial services business based in Central London are looking to hire an Interim Finance Director initially for 3 days a week, starting asap.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (a co-founder), the Finance Director will cover a broad range of activities across all entities in the group. This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to use their skills, leading the financial management processes and being part of an exciting new business.
- Drive the strategic planning and budgeting / forecasting process
- Use accounting package, Xero to manage and develop the financial systems and control
- Manage the year-end process and group audit
- Manage tax and payroll, monitor cash-flow and ensure compliance with all financial and legal regulations
- Produce monthly management Accounts for all entities with supporting narratives
- Ensure that company financial policies and procedures are followed, and internal targets met
- Provide the relevant information to the Pension Trustees and Pension Scheme secretarial team
- Qualified UK Chartered Accountant (ACA / ACCA/CIMA), working in either industry or professional audit practice.
- Knowledge of IFRS Accounting Standards
- 7+ PQE years’ experience
- Financial Services background (Pensions ideally)
- Statutory Accounts Production, Multi Year and Multi Entity Budgeting and Forecasting experience
- Preparation of management accounts (incl VAT returns) using accounting package Xero
- Delivery orientated and result-focused- comfortable working at senior/executive levels
- Advanced Excel
- Good planning and organisational skills, with excellent attention to detail
All successful candidates will have the following character traits:
- Understands and welcomes the challenge of being part of an early stage venture.
- A passionate problem solver.
- Genuine interest in improvement and a dissatisfaction with mediocrity.
- A self-starter, able to work unsupervised but who welcomes the shared benefit and responsibility of teamwork.
- An open communicator who is comfortable taking credit for success and responsibility for mistakes.
For any more information please contact email@example.com